Special Instructions to all Black Belt Candidates!
Dear 2018 Black Belt Candidates,
I am looking forward to seeing you all at the upcoming pretest (November 18). Please be aware of the following:
- Please be sure all candidates must be properly dressed at ALL stages of the testing. A clean, white uniform with a “Uechiryu” patch is a must.
- Please use the student entrance in the rear parking lot of the ATKINSON DOJO. There will be instructors waiting there to greet candidates and show them to their proper area for testing.
- Parents - please do NOT enter the dojo when dropping the candidates off. Experience has taught us that this slows the entry process.
- To avoid unnecessary clutter and confusion in the dojo, parents of Junior Black Belt Candidates are asked to wait outside for both the drop-off and pickup of the candidates.
- Please report any injuries to the testing panel BEFORE the testing begins.
- Anything worn under the Gi top must be clean and white.
- Adult Sanchin testing will be performed with the Gi top off (no t-shirts for men).
If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- Parents - please drop off the candidates no earlier than 8:00 AM. The pretest will begin promptly at 9:00 AM.
- The test should reach its conclusion at 11:00 AM. All parents are asked to park in the back for pickup.
- Doors will open for Shodan Candidates and those converting to an adult rank at 12:00 PM.
- All testing for the rank of Shodan Candidates and those converting to an adult rank will begin promptly at 12:30 PM, so be prompt!