REQUIRED ELEMENTS TO THE UECHIRYU BUTOKUKAI MASTER’S TESTING AND GRADUATION AT SUMMERFEST
August 20, 21, & 22 2020 at the Double-Tree By Hilton,Downtown Manchester
Please remember the following:
- Fill out the online Application in its entirety (CLICK HERE) by March 31st. The proper completion of this application will assure all records are accurate and that there is no miscommunication regarding your eligibility to test.
- Please note: You must be recommended by an appropriate Uechi Instructor (i.e. someone who is two levels higher than your current rank) in order to test at SummerFest.
- Forward information about yourself by April 30th.
- Bio: Two or three paragraphs explaining why you began training, what keeps you going and fun Uechi stories.
- Photos: Fifteen or twenty past and present photos of you teaching, training and even a few outside the dojo. These will be used in the program and on social media (with your permission) to give the participants of this year’s SummerFest a preview of the candidates.
- Videos: Progressive videos of your training and preparation for your test, as with the photos, these will be used on social media for the purpose of showing how a master gets ready for a test.
- Be prepared to Test. The criteria of the test at this year’s SummerFest includes: SANCHIN, SEISAN and SANSEIRU. In addition to your normal training routines, all Master Candidates in the Uechiryu Butokukai are asked to:
- Show that you are boosting your training in other ways beside Uechi (e.i. Free weight lifting, regular Jogging).
- Participate in at least four of six training classes, hosted by Mr. Durkin and his seniors at the Atkinson, NH Dojo:
- Saturday, February 15th, from 11am to 2pm
- Saturday, March 21st, from 11am to 2pm
- Saturday, April 25th, from 11am to 2pm
- Saturday, May 9th, from 11am to 2pm
- Saturday, May 30th, from 11am to 2pm
- Saturday, June 13th, from 11am to 2pm
- Visit the following dojos for “Off-Site” training at least once:
- Tracy Rose at the Northborough Dojo
- Allan Azoff at the Lexington Dojo
- Neil Stone at the Hollis Dojo
- Daniel Dovidio at the Londonderry Dojo
- Be punctual for your test on Thursday, August 20th.
- Be in attendance for both Friday (August 21st) and Saturday’s (August 22nd) Training Sessions. Participants of this year’s SummerFest are there to excel in their training as martial artists. Participating in the training seminars gives the attendees an opportunity to see you in action and, in some cases, get a chance to know you.
- Be prepared to enjoy yourself with a guest at the Banquet.