What is S.T.O.R.M.?
S.T.O.R.M. stands for Student Team of Role Models. S.T.O.R.M. is a group of our most outstanding students who take time to assist with the lower ranking classes. Members of S.T.O.R.M. focus on helping junior students in class – while learning vital teaching and public speaking skills. Many S.T.O.R.M. member advance to assistant instructor and instructor roles as they progress in their teaching ability.
Benefits of S.T.O.R.M. & Teaching
There are many benefits of being a member of S.T.O.R.M., an Assistant Instructor and an Instructor.
- Instructor’s training develops basic teaching skills.
- Instructor’s training develops skills in the Martial Arts – to truly understand the Martial Arts, one must teach.
- Instructor training develops basic communication and presentation skills.
- Instructor training encourages maintenance of old curriculum. Repetition of old material develops mastery of movement.
- Instructor’s training develops confidence – upon explaining material to a student, a clear distinction of each movement develops. With a clearer understanding, confidence and expertise grow.
- Instructor’s training helps to develop mastery of emotion, and the ability to change one’s attitude at will.
- Instructor’s training develops leadership and managerial skills.
- There is no better feeling than that of giving to others and putting to use what one has learned in a positive way.